Monday 4 February 2013

Yesterday......

Had a good start to the day yesterday, up and out fairly early on a road trip with a good mate, we were off to pickup some ebay Hotrod bargains that I had won but due to current circumstances hadn't been able to pickup. The trip down to Andover went easily, part's picked up from a top bloke who had stored them for me.. thanks Andrew..
Then onto Basingstoke to another mates workshop to checkup on his Hotrod build and to see another mates new project.. again kourney smooth and visit excellent.. good company and loads of bull-shit talked, did struggle a couple of times when speaking about stuff.. then we had an invite to visit another barn with more projects in, looked over a very cool in progress Volksrod and this brought tears to my eyes as we discussed the build and how he was setting it up for his girlfriend to be able to drive as well.. I have been building my own project to suit me, be-spoke car building I guess you would call.. but I am/was fitting an adjustable drivers seat so Hayley could also drive it....oh well guess I'm going to hit these walls all the time for quite some time to come...
Journey home was again uneventful and parts swapped from Shaun's car over to mine then into his place for a coffee.. Upon leaving his house I was in floods of tears by the time I got into my car.. his home was full of noise and laughter, something I'm missing big time!!! only had to pull over once on my way home when I couldn't see the road through my tears. Stopped off to get Fish and Chips as I didn't fancy cooking when I got in.. shame really as I was the one who spent most of the time in the kitchen..
Arriving home is never going to be the same, I know that.. but I sure do miss Hayley's greetings as no matter how little the time I had been away, whether it was 2 hours or 2 day's she was always pleased to see me.. now i walk in the house is silent.. no Hayley and no Merlin the mog!! so the rabbits got released into the garden and as it was getting dark I took my fish and chips outside and sat with them until it was finally so dark it was better to get them in..
Really didn't fancy the computer so sat and watched a couple of programs (crap to be honest) I had taped... not a very good end to an excellent day, but one that I hope will be come less and less as the day's draw out and I can spend more time outside with my rabbits and in the garage without freezing....

No comments:

Post a Comment