Monday 18 February 2013

Road trip

well just home from a weekend away and a little road trip, spent the weekend with my very good mate Sumo who offered to build a new rear end for my Pendine race bike project The Saltster, the weekend went excellently and for the first time i felt I had turned a corner.. big thanks go out to Sumo for not only supplying and building the new rigid rear frame section but for giving up a weekend of his precious time to help me...
Sadly this new frame of mind lasted only until I was driving over the Dartford crossing bridge, by the time I reached the toll booth I was in floods of tears, this lasted until almost home, picking up the critters from my Mum and Dad's helped, it was good to see the little buggers even though they weren't interested in seeing me, having a great time in the garden...
Got myself in and sorted but struggling to keep the tears back.. really do not feel I have made any progress at all.. on the positive side I now have a machine in the garage I can devote my spare time to and keep my mind occupied...
I've just got to say, I am missing you more today than ever missus, the pain doesn't seem to fade but I am moving forward, slowly but surely... xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment