Tuesday 29 January 2013

January 6th 2013 The day my world imploded

well it actually imploded 2 day's earlier in the wee small hours of Thursday/Friday 3rd/4th when I came down stairs from bed after hearing a strange noise to find my wife of 10 years but partner of 28 collapsed on the floor. A frantic call to the emergency services and we had her in A&E pretty sharpish, well I guess it helps living a mile or so from the hospital but having the Ambulances stationed around 5-7 miles from the hospital seems a little counter productive..
Hayley received immediate attention from the excellent doctors/surgeons on duty that night but sadly it was found that Hayley had suffered a massive burst Aneurism and basically it had been game over for my beautiful missus the moment it had happened.
I won't go into detail of my next 48 hours other than to say I made the decision for Hayley's organs except her Beautiful eye's to be used, a decision that was hard to make at such a hard time but as Hayley had always been so helpful to others I wanted her to be able to help one last time...
Unfortunately hayley had other idea's and survived well past the cut-off time for the team to be able to save the organs for donation... Hayley passed away peacefully at 02-45 am on Sunday 6th January with  me by her side, at that moment my world imploded...

I have been posting on Facebook about my struggle to cope and accept the loss of my Wife, Best mate, Soul Mate and traveling companion (whether those roads were foreign traveled or the just the path of our life) but feel it's time to move forward from that and give everyone a rest, so I am starting this blog just to put down my thoughts and to somehow log my journey back to light, a light that will never be as bright as it once was but one that will be brighter than it is today....

No comments:

Post a Comment