Wednesday 13 March 2024

Update.

 The difference a day can make, whilst still very low and still teetering on the edge of that abyss, today on the school walk I encountered a couple of dog owners and Violet was her usual vocal self but I did manage to calm her down and the owners could not have been anymore understanding! I know its going to be a hard fought battle to calm her down but she had a really bad start in life and she deserves that effort, I cannot and will not give up on her.

I am now home, coffee in hand and relaxing before I head to work. Don’t get me wrong I could still quite happily close the door on the world and retreat into myself but that won’t do me any favours and you have to keep moving! I honestly do not think I’ll ever get used to depression, just when you think you have a handle on it, can see and feel the triggers BANG!! A real dark one comes from nowhere and takes you to the lowest point you can imagine, it truly frightens me just how bad it can feel when all around everything is going well! I’m  not so sure that if it wasn’t for my daughter I’d still be here, just one hug from her makes the daily battle worth fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment